Limelight is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Limelight takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of the Limelight website:
Employ formal accessibility, quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines designers and developers' requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Limelight is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Limelight website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Limelight:
- Phone: 0300 011 2112
- Contact us
- Postal address: Limelight, 1 St. Brides Way, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 9NW
- Limelight Twitter
- Limelight Facebook page
We aim to respond to feedback within two working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Limelight website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with the NVDA screen reader extension on Windows
Limelight website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer versions earlier than 7
Accessibility of Limelight website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Limelight website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Limelight website:
- Skip content link doesn’t become visible when focused by the user (WCAG 2.1 – 2.4.1)
- Some images do not have alternative text (WCAG 2.1 – 1.1.1 and 2.4.1)
- Some landmark elements are not labelled correctly (WCAG 2.1 – 4.1.2)
- Some embedded forms do not have a useful title (WCAG 2.1 – 2.4.1)
- Some elements do not have a clear focus indicator (WCAG 2.1 – 2.4.7)
Limelight assessed the accessibility of the website by the following approaches:
- Lighthouse browser automated test
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: Trafford Housing Trust - John Slater, UX Designer on 21st April 2021.
The best way to tell us if you're unhappy is to email us. If you can't email, then you can call our Customer Service Team on 0300 011 2112.